Our Guide to The World's Strongest Ice Coffee
There's truly nothing better on a hot day than an freshly brewed coffee over ice.
A Chill Start To The Day
My personal routine is to brew with our Nespresso Compatible Pods over a glass full of ice, with just a splash of caramel and milk. It's genuinely my favorite way to start the day, particularly on a nice sunny morning. I'll play whatever stupid app I'm into at the time and sip on my beautifully smooth, and perfectly chilled coffee. The huge caffeine content of Black Insomnia means that by the time I've finished my morning round of Golf Battle, I'm already buzzing to start my day, and I'll often find myself smashing out so many tasks before midday. It's like I can't not work.
The Coffee You Crave, Anywhere.
If you're like me, and you value convenience above all else - then our pods might be the way you want to go. Or, if you've just pressed the snooze button too many times and don't have time to make that vital cup of coffee before you run out the door to work, our Pour Over Bags are a LIFE-SAVER. Always keep some to hand in your backpack, and you'll never have to crawl your way through a work day, caffeine-depleted and miserable, ever again.
Dial in That Ice-Cold Goodness
If you find yourself with time to spare, then you can really extract the full experience from Black Insomnia coffee with our Beans or Pre-Ground Coffee. The aromatics from brewing alone will open your eyes a little wider, and make you just that little bit less grumpy in the morning.
Our 'Ice Filter Coffee' Method:
- Boil water to not quite a full boil (95 Celsius max, don't want to burn your coffee!) and grind your coffee (if using whole beans), aiming for sugar-like consistency. Aim for a slightly finer grind than you would normally use for brewing half a litre of hot coffee.
- Rinse your V60 paper with a little hot water over the sink to avoid warming your decanter, then discard this water - don't want your coffee tasting papery!
- Place about 200g of ice into your decanter.
- Add your ground coffee to the V60, place atop the decanter full of ice on your brewing scales and zero your scales.
- Slowly poor about 75g of water over your grounds.
- Stir the coffee bed to ensure all the grounds are evenly saturated.
- After 45 seconds start pouring water slowly over the grounds again, topping up to 300g by around the 3-minute mark.
- Once the bed has fully drained, remove your V60 and stir the brewed coffee and ice together until fully mixed.
- Serve generously with ice.
- SMASH THE DAY
"Decaffeinated coffee is like a hairless cat, it exists, but that doesn’t make it right." -UNKNOWN
Global Marketing Assistant
"I'm Black Insomnia's Global Marketing Assistant, responsible for most of our website content, social media, and coffee tasting - I love Coffee, Mixed Martial Arts and Fine Art."